Monday 16 March 2020

A brief summary of my life as I view it from afar.

My Journey So Far

My name is Gaurav Saini, and I reside in Faridabad (Haryana). I am an avid reader, which has been both my hobby and a necessity since childhood and has acted as a catalyst, a source for me towards penning down my thoughts. 

Gradually writing became my passion and transformed me into a skilled content writer as a professional. 

How Did it Start?

To begin with, my childhood memories take me down to Narora, a small government township on the banks of the river Ganges in western UP. Narora was nestled peacefully in the lap of mother nature, where I completed my schooling before being selected for an Engineering course (BTech Electronics) in Maharashtra. 

Studying Engineering was a stimulating experience as one can feel scaling the achievement ladder and making you independent as a college student. 

One learns to tend to his own needs, handling his affairs without any assistance from family. Of course, coming from a small town and sitting down in a city has merits, but it was also disturbing sometimes. 

However, my siesta in Sangli, Maharashtra, was short-lived and ended abruptly when I met with an accident while pursuing my engineering.

The Real Struggle Started  

I struggled to figure out what was more painful, the crashing of my dreams or the restrictive mobility, as I became physically disabled after the accident. 

The trauma of bearing with unprecedented circumstances was challenging but demanding time was a great teacher too. However, with concerted efforts of my family, in particular, my mother and physicians, eventually helped me to improve things. Their motivation and encouragement instilled confidence in me and helped me overcome the odds and stand on my feet again, however, this time with walking aids.     
            
The battle to recover from my dilapidated condition, where for years I was bedridden, was long, stressful and exhausting but was worth fighting for my life.

The future looked bleak during those days, and the agony felt overbearing. However, the fond memories of childhood in Narora were a source of strength and refreshing for the soul. 

From experience, I have learned that the memories we gather through good or bad times etched in our psyche are the reflection of one's life and, as Dr Kalam once said, that the time spent with family and friends and memories collected stays with you during odd times, I too cherished my time well spent with family and friends in school and college during my struggle.

Fight Continues

As time passed and my body stabilized, I worked hard to learn new skills to earn my livelihood. Which began off as a curiosity in reading during school days, then persisted in literature, philosophy, politics, research, then-current affairs at college, enabling me to put my thoughts on paper now with ease. The result was launching my blog around four years back. 

My blog is a rainbow and showcases different facets of life. It addressed a range of topics from fiction to world affairs and was much appreciated by people around the globe, from where I drew my readership. 
Summing Up
In hindsight, I have learned that my most significant strength is perseverance, the quest to discover, adjustable behaviour, acknowledgement of the support of others and cooperation with friends, colleagues, etc., while my weakness lies in the habit of being introverted at times.      
                   
Today, if I seek to find a connection in life between sitting on the banks of the Ganges River during my childhood and living my life in an overpopulated city, I can describe it in no better way than Tolstoy's adage, "The two most strong warriors are persistence and time." One may resolve adversities through courage and perseverance, which is how I describe myself.  

Image Courtesy - Google Images 

No comments: