Friday 1 July 2016

O Poet!

        O Poet!
           I write the first line, and strike it off!
           Fearing the King and his soldiers.                 
                      
          I write the second line and strike it off!
          Fearing guerrilla revolutionaries.

          Fearing for dear life, thus have I struck off thousands of my own lines!
          The souls of these perished lines hover around me and ask me,

      O Poet!
        Are you a poet or a murderer?
        Often have I heard, that lawmakers throttle justice,

        That religion is butchered by protectors of the faith,
         In our times,in fear, poets murder their poetry.

        This I hadn’t heard,And now I have.
      
                                                                               *Source- Unknown 



No comments: