Wednesday, 26 August 2026

The Odyssey Movie (Review)

I watched The Odyssey, and I came out with one overwhelming thought: Odysseus spent ten years trying to find Ithaca; I spent nearly three hours trying to find the actual story. 


The Odyssey: When an Epic Journey Gets Lost on the Way

I watched Odyssey, and honestly, don’t waste your time. This isn’t a movie so much as a woke reimagining determined to rewrite the memories of what made Troy memorable.

What follows is a bizarre cocktail of ideological messaging, painfully self-important monologues, and historical/mythological revisionism, so heavy-handed that it frequently becomes unintentionally hilarious. The film seems less interested in telling a compelling story and more interested in lecturing the audience about what it believes the story should mean.

If this is what happens when woke culture takes the steering wheel of filmmaking, then Odyssey is less a cinematic experience and more a warning sign: when ideology becomes more important than storytelling, characters stop behaving like characters, history becomes something to be rewritten, and entertainment turns into a sermon.

At times, it is so absurd that you genuinely wonder whether the filmmakers are making a serious epic or an elaborate parody of modern woke cinema.

Troy may have taken liberties with the original mythology, but it understood one fundamental rule: give the audience a story worth remembering. Odyssey seems determined to give us a lesson instead.

In the end, it isn’t merely disappointing, it is a hilarious demonstration of what happens when filmmakers try to replace compelling storytelling with ideological messaging.




Image Courtesy: Google

No comments: